Have I told y’all how much I love my job? I really feel like I’m LIVING THE DREAM. Working from home and setting my own schedule are totally wonderful for me. I sometimes hear from others that they wouldn’t want to work for themselves, but I think I’ve wanted this for a decade. The interest got more intense four years ago, when we moved to Small Town USA. And now I feel so fulfilled.
It’s not challenge-free – I’m very anxious about funds, about keeping clients happy, about marketing my services, and about maintaining my self-discipline. But I love the challenges, I feel capable of meeting them and it is energizing for me to set my skills against this situation.
I feel strongly that this is what I am meant to be doing now. Deep inside, I know that God(dess) made this happen for me. It seems clear to me that the bad job and the layoff were laying the groundwork for me to be willing to make this huge step in my career – a step I wasn’t willing or able to make at previous points in my life. It’s also obvious to me that I was given wonderful opportunities that made this possible.
This experience has made me feel that God(dess) has a plan for me, for our family. And I am reconsidering our whole adoption experience. While I haven’t seen any clear signs that Baby E was meant to be in our family, it seems clear that there is synchronicity at work. Every aspect of our match, placement, and ongoing relationship with E’s birthfamily has been smooth sailing – and honestly exceeded our wildest dreams.
There is certainly no question that E is the most wonderful baby in the world and that we couldn’t be happier with him. I believe that someday, as we learn more about his personality and his path in life, we will learn why we were chosen for him.

No comments:
Post a Comment