Thursday, June 11, 2009

More thoughts on prayer

I've been exploring the world of pagan blogs to get inspiration, and I came across this discussion of prayer:

Radical Goddess Thealogy: Praying TO GODDESS?

I certainly don't see the need to compare my relationship with a deity to someone else's relationship with Jesus, but I think the conversation makes some interesting points.

I wish that I felt the same as the last commenter. I mean, I know that the Goddess is always with me, but why don't I feel her any more?

1 comment:

  1. Do you know Rob Breszny, of Free Will Astrology? He writes extensively on pronoia, which he describes as the sinking suspicion the universe is out to make you smarter, happier and a better person. I certainly don't claim to know the answers to how to create a solid, "second nature" connection with the goddess or the divine, but I find seeking pronoic thoughts and deeds leads me down that path.
    Call it my virgo nature, but I like to find inspiration for connection in the archetype of the mother healer/gardener/wise woman rather than in the preistess. I seek connection in getting to know herbs and plants, in cooking and brewing, watching the sky and the earth.
    Where do you already feel closest to the divine?

    ReplyDelete