No church report this week, because we went to the Church of Brunch instead. You know, where all the yuppie agnostics go, with their New York Times, omelettes, and bagels. We met a college friend of Papa D, her husband and 15-month-old daughter. Great conversation and great food, in a much-hipper-than-us environment. I had excellent strawberry pancakes and a perfectly executed macchiatto. It was a lovely outing - very cosmopolitan for us these days.
Things continue along with the bedtime program - the Bedtime Ritual is getting more normal, working its magic on Baby E's little system. He seems more and more to be falling asleep quickly and at similar times. Still there are hiccups occasionally, but the overall pattern is improving. The night have mostly been going better as well.
I realized this morning, as I started my new audiobook (the only way I survive the two hours of commuting a day), that a theme might be emerging in my reading habits. About six months ago, I read Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert. I got the take-home message - you are most likely wrong about predicting what will make you happy - but I didn't seem to absorb how to counteract that problem. Then a few months ago, I really enjoyed The Architecture of Happiness by Alain de Botton, one of my all-time favorite authors returning with somethign I liked almost as much as The Romantic Movement. Now, I've picked up The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner. Hmmm...what can this all mean?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment